Monday, November 24, 2008

Wish me luck....


Hello everybody. How have you been?

It’s been trying to snow here, it's a devil of a job trying to heat up the house with all these rising costs. I bought one of those fleece body bags that you can slide into while sitting at home. Bella keeps trying to get in as well but there isn’t much room. But it’s a bit of a bind when you want to spend a penny or put kettle on.

I almost got trapped in it when zipper got caught on wool, I thought I was going to have to hop across to my neighbour the counsellor but I managed to sort it in the end!

Well, it was my turn to have a drama last week, actually it was more of a development.


Remember I told you all about my marriage to Ted? Though, it wasn’t much of a marriage, we just shared our house rather than our lives. Things went downhill between us after we lost our baby Connie. Life was never quite the same again.

Anyway, Ted turned up at t’ hospital last Friday. I could see him hiding behind potted plant by Tilly's florist shop. His trilby hat is always a giveaway. It was like something out of an Inspector Clouseau film. I’m surprised he weren’t pretending to read Gazette with two holes cut out of it!

He knew Sylvie had gone to lunch. I wanted to close up shop when I saw him but Sylvie would have killed me. Then, Dora Crosby came up to counter for her Sherbet Lemons, so I served her and then Ted arrived. We didn’t say anything at first, he just cleared his throat a couple of times (one of his annoying habits) and asked how I was.

I was very civil and said I was fine but busy, he asked if he could take me to lunch as he wanted to talk. I said I wasn’t taking a lunch break because I were leaving early to help charity shop box up clothes for Africa. I feel very proud that someone will be wearing my paisley two-piece in a third world country.

Anyway, Ted invited me to dinner and I felt a bit trapped if I’m honest. So, I agreed to go out with him this evening. It was all very unnerving and I could feel one of my heads coming on for rest of day.


When Sylvie came back from lunch, she said I should stick to my promise and go to dinner as she knew I was thinking of cancelling. She said that he has never cheated on me unlike her Eric and now she’ll never have the chance to tell him how much he hurt her.

So, I’m off out with Ted this evening to hear what he has to say for himself, though that’ll be a first. Sylvie said not to lose my temper but I said I have no intention of doing so; a whisper speaks louder than a shout.

So, dear friends, I shall love you and leave you. I’ll let you know how the evening went but I intend to be in my body bag by 9.30pm with a hot chocolate. I have to hurry as I’ve just got back from work. We’re going to the early sitting at Angus Steak house as I don’t like to eat a heavy meal too late in the evening.


Wish me luck; I’m not looking forward to this at all. I'm as giddy as a kipper, I shall have to take a valium.

God Bless. Joyce xx

No comments: