Monday, December 15, 2008

Ho, Sniff, Ho !

Hello flowers, its Sylvie here.

As you know, me and Joyce have been laid up with flu. Hospitals aren’t the healthiest places to work.

We’ve been signed off this week but we’re hoping to be up and about in time for Xmas party this Friday! I’ll be there, even if Clint has to take me in Lil’s wheelchair.

Annabel isn’t very happy us being on t’sick as she’s working with Renee who can’t add up without the help of an abacus from Harry Potter ward. So I dread to think what mess we’ll go back to.

Apparently, Ted and Frank each sent flowers to Joyce and she hasn’t stopped bragging since. She must think she’s one of those lasses from ‘Sex and the City’!

Clint bought me some carnations from garage, but it’s the thought that counts.

Well, I should get back to my bed. Mandy got me a couple of Jackie Collins’ novels from hospital library, so they’ll see me right.

It’s not been the best of weeks, I’ve been thinking too much and I must say, I’ll be glad to see the back end of this year. Clint still wants to go to Spain in New Year and have it out with Doreen but I keep trying to put him off.

I’m a bit worried about him. I can smell pot coming from his room and he plays eerie music, I think he said it’s Pink Floyd. I’m not too old to remember who they are but I also remember we didn’t dance around our handbags to them.

Joyce said he should see her neighbour the counsellor. She thinks that’s the answer to everything. If her neighbour writes a book in years to come, it’ll put ‘Desperate Housewives’ to shame!

Anyway, kettle’s boiled, so I’ll make a hot toddy and get back to bed. If I don’t speak to you before Xmas, have a grand old time and enjoy yourselves.

We’re all going to Joyce’s house and Sidney is cooking! He’s applied to ‘Come Dine With Me’, so your guess is as good as mine how the day will go. I’m sure a feather boa will be involved. Daft apeth.

Argos Alan is joining us as he doesn’t have any family to speak of, love him. They abandoned him after he came out of Strangeways a couple of years back.

We shall wait and see if Frank or Ted appear at the dinner table...

I shall speak to you all in New Year and fill you in on all the gossip. Be good to each other.

Merry Xmas and happy New Year! Enjoy the video from Your Tubes. I thought that daft mare Joyce would like this one.

Love from Sylvie x

No comments: